Do you want to become a member of a passionate young volunteers team coming from everywhere in Europe?
Do you want to contribute to an inspiring project while learning and developing new skills?
Now YOU get the chance to join the sixth edition of Europe on Track!
What is Europe on Track?
Europe on Track is a project of AEGEE, run by young volunteers who aim to raise awareness, to create a space for discussion and to capture the opinions of youth in Europe on important social issues.
Thanks to Interrail, 9 ambassadors in 3 teams (one videographer, one photographer and one interviewer per team) travel by train across 20 countries in one month to deliver workshops, interview young people and organize events in cooperation with 300 volunteers from over 30 cities in Europe.
Become a Project Team member!
The project team of Europe on Track 6 has already started working on the upcoming edition in 2019.
We are looking for an another experienced member to join the project team in a specific field.
We have an open position for a member of the Design Team!
The tasks of the Design team are:
- Design layouts for Facebook, Instagram
- Design templates for toolkits, Powerpoint, certificates, letters
- Design merchandising materials
- Design layouts and animated entrances for videos
Besides working in the Design team you have the chance to join the work of other teams and improve your skills in different areas.
SO! If you are:
- responsible and reliable with tasks and deadlines
- motivated, enthusiastic and open minded
- willing to work in an international team
- have creative, innovative thinking
- have experience in PR, creating design materials
- have a good use of design softwares (e.g. Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Aftereffects)
and want to:
- contribute to an inspiring project
- learn and develop new skills
- have fun while working hard
- (and last but not least) create the best edition of Europe on Track so far!
How we work:
- Skype meetings: Weekly or biweekly – depending on the period – with the whole team, every now and then also with the working group (e.g. Social Media).
- Live meetings: Each few months we try to meet in-person. We already had a Knowledge transfer meeting in June, and we will have our next live meeting in October in Brussels. It is not mandatory to attend, but we try to make it as easy as possible for you to come, for example by covering a part of your costs, or by finding the optimal location.
- Slack: We mainly communicate on Slack, a project management tool to effectively support collaboration and communication. We expect you to check Slack once a day but the more you check Slack the cooler you’ll be!
– Indicative Timeframe:
May – September 2018
- Selection process of Project Team
- Knowledge Transfer
- Finalisation of EoT5
- FR Strategy
September – November 2018
- Grants application
- PR Strategy
- Deciding on the topic of EoT6
- Open Call for Locals and Ambassadors
December 2018 – February 2019
- Selection process of Ambassadors and Locals
- Route definition
- Provisional Budget
March – April 2019
- Ambassadors’ Training
- Trip preparation (PR, FR, Content, Coordination)
April – May 2019
- Management of the trip
May – September 2019
- Preparation for the following edition
You will be expected to dedicate from 6 to 8 hours per week to the project, still, since it is a volunteer based project there is some flexibility. Usually the busiest period is the one just before the start of the trip.
– What will you get for being part of the PT?
You will be able to work for an AEGEE-Europe/Interrail project with high internal and external visibility, gaining experience in your own task while putting yourself directly at play on an international scale.
The selection process – that might also include video interviews – will take place during August. After we will work on including you in our team, and give you the neccessary knowledge to start the work with us!
– Any questions?
Contact us via our facebook page or by mail (email@example.com) for more information. We are waiting for your questions!
N.B. The new project team will take care of writing and publishing the open call for the travellers for the next edition.
Being in the core team of the Project is not equal to becoming Ambassador and traveling through the routes.